Since its launch in 2017, people use WhatsApp statuses to share their thoughts, updates and some entertaining posts. It is similar to sharing stories on Instagram and Snapchat as they all disappear automatically in 24 hours.
There are several instances when we like someone’s WhatsApp status but are not aware of how to save them on our device. Since we cannot download the statuses directly from the app, we ask our friends to send the raw video or photo so that we can share them with others. Some of us use the screenshot tool to save a photo and the screen recorder to capture the video posted as a WhatsApp status.
What if there was a simple method to save photos and videos from someone’s WhatsApp status? Well, here are some easy steps which you can follow to download WhatsApp status on your Android device.
Download whatsapp status using Files by Google
- Download Google Files via Play Store.
- Tap on the Menu at the top right corner of the screen.
- Go to Settings.
- Turn on ‘Show Hidden Files’.
- Go to the File manager of your device and navigate to Internal Storage > WhatsApp > Media > Statuses.
- Here you can view the files of all the status that you have seen on WhatsApp.
- Tap on the desired image or video you wish to save.
- Long press to save the selected item, by choosing your desired location such as the Camera, WhatsApp Images and Downloads.
Alternatively, you can use a third-party app called Status Saver to download the statuses.
Download statuses using Status Saver
- Download Status Saver from Play Store.
- You can view all the status you have seen.
- Select the image or video that you wish to download and tap on the Save icon.
- The saved media will be stored in the internal storage of the phone.
If you wish to share the media as your own status, you can access the saved photos and videos from internal storage. To safeguard others’ privacy, we recommend that you seek permission before downloading someone’s status.